Announcement

User registrations are currently disabled due to high spam traffic.

#1 07/09/07 4:32am

switch196a

web content loader

Well, this is my first time tryin to do something useful for the psp, here goes nothin.

Got my psp a week ago, and after a lot of reading realized that hacked firmware isn't going to happen on mine for now.  So, i started looking for alternative games and freeware to load up on, but all i could find was flash.  got bored rigged up something to make my life with the psp a little easier when it comes to their silly browser and crappy text input.

here's the file, run the installer, install to the ROOT of your psp mem card.

this will replace your current home page in the psp browser and delete your bookmarks.  Will add some flash games (mostly flash games included) and a few other folders.  WILL NOT DO ANYTHING STUPID TO YOUR PSP!!!  no firmware writes, no viruses , just some html code, files from here, and some files from another psp flash site i found through here!!

has a programs directory - psp messenger (AIM/YAH/MSN) - mobile versions of yahoo, msn, and google pages - A games directory (all flash, almost all of it works quite well)

here is the download of the installer, requires 5MB of space and there is quite a bit of stuff there!!

http://files.filefront.com/contentloade … einfo.html

Let me know what you guys think!!!

#2 07/09/07 4:23pm

rollinroll

Re: web content loader

Welcome to PSPFLASHGAMING!!! I would test your creation if i could but i don't want to have my bookmarks deleted. I have also made a kind of offline web pages for the psp browser. It's called "NorPortal". I think it's the portal with most stuff ever as it has over 300 flash games and alot of extra stuff like flash apps, mp4 movies, flash movies, comics, game demos etc... And i will release version 3.50 very soon... Read more about it and download link here.

#3 07/09/07 5:33pm

sfc2000
PSP-RATOR <(@..@)>

nice why does it delete bookmarks

#4 07/09/07 5:44pm

switch196a

it replaces the file that keeps bookmarks for the browser, sets this as your homepage in the new file.  I have no idea how to just set this as the homepage or just add it as a bookmark.  I'm aiming to keep mine as simple as possible, i don't want TOO much on it, cause psp mem cards are expensive and i don't want to waste the space i could use for other things.  With all i have on it 5MB is a nice fit, but my aim is 30MB And tighter control over the interface.  I'm working on my own menu system now, and i think with a combo of flash and html i can get a useful interface that people can customize.

Last edited by switch196a (07/09/07 5:54pm)

#5 07/09/07 6:52pm

sfc2000
PSP-RATOR <(@..@)>

can you make it a zip file so i can download it

#6 07/09/07 7:27pm

switch196a

ok here's the link updated: 

http://files.filefront.com/BASEzip/;850 … einfo.html
http://files.filefront.com/contentloade … einfo.html

Base.zip is the base files that the exe would install
contentloader.exe is the exe that will auto load them into your psp

n e one that uses the zip file will see 4 folders:
msg - messenger
DIST - content loader
Flash - i think you get it
PSP - the bookmark and homepage settings (i need an easier way to do this)

Copy all but the PSP folder to your psp root (psp folder contains browser settings for homepage and bookmarks and will wipe yours out!!)

in web browser : file:/DIST/index.html

and let the criticism fly (lol)

I am updating the menu system a little bit as we speak, and adding more cames in the games section (will be categorized).

Last edited by switch196a (07/09/07 7:31pm)

#7 07/09/07 7:36pm

rollinroll

Way to go! Had a look at it on the pc in internet explorer. Looks nice, easy interface and nice background. Now, i would prefer portals with a lot of content, but good for people with small memory sticks. And memorystricks aren't that expensive if you don't buy it in the local shops... You should either buy one on amazon or ebay.

#8 07/09/07 7:57pm

switch196a

like i said, i just got this thing about a week ago.  I have looked for mem on ebay and plan on getting another stick or 2 (1 or 2gb, no idea yet) cause prices are good on ebay.  Sad thing is, these psp's are only 50 to 100$ out here.  And mine had to come with 3.52 firmware on it which really sux.  I have a 1gb stick in it, 2 128's and a few 32mb's floating around.  I have the memory cards now, but didn't have much for free space at the time i made this portal (1 32mb card was all i had).  imma check yours out and see what you have, but i may keep on working on mine cause i have a few friends interested in it (6 of em are running it) and they like the small size!!

#9 08/09/07 12:02am

switch196a

It's been updated!!!  More stuff in it, i think i'm done with it for a while.

http://files.filefront.com/Base+V2zip/; … einfo.html

http://files.filefront.com/chiliportale … einfo.html

Last edited by switch196a (08/09/07 12:07am)

#10 08/09/07 5:58am

JaXeRiR
Elite Moderator
Website

Just to remind you: there are many scam memory sticks around in eBay. So be careful, and if you think that the price is too good to be true, it probably is.

[url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/JaX3RiR][img]http://card.mygamercard.net/nxe/JaX3RiR.png[/img][/url]

#11 08/09/07 7:59am

switch196a

thx for the advice, i should be ok (i pay attention when it comes to ebay).  lookin local first.  Good place to do it too, couple of flea markets close by and they all have misc electronics scattered all over!! might just get lucky!!

#12 10/09/07 9:28am

tallphil
Banned
Website

hey - out of interest, what did you use to make the .exe which sticks all of the files on the PSP automatically?

PSP Flash Gaming creator

#13 10/09/07 11:32am

rollinroll

tallphil wrote:

hey - out of interest, what did you use to make the .exe which sticks all of the files on the PSP automatically?

I bet he used the clickteam install program creator wink

#14 10/09/07 5:06pm

switch196a

LOL, ya..  Installer says it as soon as it starts i think.  It's not automatic entirely.  You need to select the drive that is your psp.  But definately makes it simple for people to try this thing!!

Last edited by switch196a (10/09/07 5:08pm)

Board footer