Announcement

User registrations are currently disabled due to high spam traffic.

#1 30/07/07 10:53pm

Jake
Administrator

New game Rubik in development (beta available now)

I have just finished the very complicated and confusing code for my latest flash game for the PSP.

As the name suggests this is a rubiks cube you can play on the PSP. I got the idea from a competition that is being held (i cant remember where) to make a 3D rubiks cube for the PSP as a homebrew game. I thought well that cant be that hard to do in flash except for fancy 3D graphics because it would not handle those in a flash file. In my opinion 3D graphics are not essential in a rubiks cube game as long as you can see all 6 faces of the cube at the same time (I had a cunning trick up my sleve here).

Well enough of that anyway here is beta 1. There are more functions I need to add such as getting the cube to scramble before you start, and also a function to figure out when its complete, and a timer but the hard part has been done. All of the stuff on the right is for when I was debugging and the debugging function is still there so there is a small delay after each move but this will probably go for the final release.

Edit:
Just discovered a way that the game can be saved will add this to beta 2.

Download rubik beta 1 here

moose

#2 31/07/07 7:30am

JaXeRiR
Elite Moderator
Website

Re: New game Rubik in development (beta available now)

Wow cool...You should really join the competition, 500$ is a nice amount of money!

[url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/JaX3RiR][img]http://card.mygamercard.net/nxe/JaX3RiR.png[/img][/url]

#3 31/07/07 12:31pm

Jake
Administrator

Well I was not sure this was possible but it is. Beta 1.1 is now available and you can save your progress, provided you do not clear the input history in the PSP web browser menu.

For flash developers I will give this secret away when I get around to writing a tutorial or you may be able to see how its done by opening the html file in a text editor, but if you are going to do this please do not steal and claim the work as your own as that is not very nice, and I have put in enough hours trying to find a way to save flash games on the PSP because they disabled flash cookies.

Anyway you will need some more stuff for beta 1.1 to function correctly, there is a zip folder with the flash file a html file and a css file, to load the game use the html file (index.html) and you will be able to save your game, if you only load the flash game you will not be able to save the game.

At the moment the browser will refresh but don't worry your game should be saved unless you clear the input history then it will be lost.

Download rubik beta 1.1 with game save here

moose

#4 31/07/07 2:32pm

JaXeRiR
Elite Moderator
Website

Very good! The competition was for all kinds of homebrew types, but if you have got Rubik's cube concept to work with Flash and even figured out a way to save the game, I think you have a very big chance of winning this competition!

"The chosen programming language does not matter if the final result is well made."

Check it out here: http://www.devsgen.com

Last edited by JaXeRiR (31/07/07 2:37pm)

[url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/JaX3RiR][img]http://card.mygamercard.net/nxe/JaX3RiR.png[/img][/url]

#5 24/08/07 7:53am

Jake
Administrator

I am sorry for not posting in a while I have moved house so been a little busy. I intend to do some work on this game at the weekend as the engine has been written and therefore I could potentially release the game by Tuesday (we have a l holiday on Monday in the UK so I am including that in my weekend). Does anyone have any ideas for the game or more importantly has anyone found a bug, and also is the save function working well for you?.

moose

#6 24/08/07 11:36am

rollinroll

Wowwowhoa! Finally, a rubiks cube flash game for the psp!!!! With even save functionality wich i tought wasn't possible!

#7 29/08/07 9:08pm

Jake
Administrator

Version 1.00 released. Download here.

moose

#8 30/08/07 1:54pm

rollinroll

Jake wrote:

Version 1.00 released. Download here.

Awesome Jake! It plays fantastic and the GUI looks pretty. Well done! When are you going to release it and put it up on the site?

Last edited by rollinroll (30/08/07 1:55pm)

#9 30/08/07 3:30pm

Jake
Administrator

Phil will have to put it on the site, at the moment the zip download is all I can offer, Also I need to speak to phil to see if we can include the save game function on the site, Sorry for this.

moose

#10 30/08/07 6:29pm

rollinroll

Jake wrote:

Phil will have to put it on the site, at the moment the zip download is all I can offer, Also I need to speak to phil to see if we can include the save game function on the site, Sorry for this.

Phil never visit the forum anymore sad

#11 07/10/07 9:13pm

Jake
Administrator

I have been updating this and noticed a major bug in version 1.00. When rotating a face right or left the colours do not end up in the correct position and therefore the rubix cube is impossible to solve properly. I dont know how I missed this I just had developers blindness to the problem. Anyway there is a pluss side, version 1.10 is close to release and has a scramble function as well as extra save slots (there are now 3). If anyone else finds a bug in the game then please let me know, I wont be offended its very easy to make mistakes. I will get version 1.10 out asap.

moose

#12 08/10/07 6:13am

rollinroll

Cool, updated version! Awesome!!!!

#13 08/10/07 6:38am

babaganoosh
Elite Moderator
Website

rollinroll wrote:

Jake wrote:

Phil never visit the forum anymore sad

wich is y i thought we needed a new admin

[img]http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g197/fijianshaun/skylinegt.gif[/img]

#14 08/10/07 5:34pm

rollinroll

New admin!?!? I don't think so...

#15 08/10/07 6:49pm

babaganoosh
Elite Moderator
Website

yeah i know its not gonna happen

[img]http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g197/fijianshaun/skylinegt.gif[/img]

#16 08/10/07 8:03pm

Jake
Administrator

New update is now out. Download version 1.10 here. Problem with the game has been fixed, also new features have been added.

There will not be a new admin, there is a huge difference between admins and moderators. This site has no need for a new admin, we would not give anyone other than people we actually know admin status because they could get us in a huge amount of trouble so sorry its a no.

moose

#17 09/10/07 6:08am

rollinroll

Cool! I guess the game is nearly finished now isn't it?

Board footer