Announcement

User registrations are currently disabled due to high spam traffic.

#1 21/05/06 6:38pm

tallphil
Banned
Website

Navigation Bar

...and the navigation bar nears completion

Had a niggling problem about hiding the rollover subnav when the viewer moves their mouse below the menu, as flash couldn't detect the mouse position in the html. Managed a workaround that checks if the mouse is stationary, and if it is stationary for too long, it hides the menu.

Would like feedback on the time it takes to hide - does it keep hiding when you're still using the menu? Think it could do it quicker?

smile Phil

PSP Flash Gaming creator

#2 24/05/06 10:54pm

woodpecker106
Hardcore Member
Website

Re: Navigation Bar

Your efforts with the login box work sometime...but not t'others.
The login box works pressing enter but sometimes it doesn't refresh the page to show that you are logged in even though you are. Also when you try to log out it goes to the forum for some strange reason.
Something else for you to think about after the exams are over is customising the redirect page maybe?

#3 26/05/06 11:30am

tallphil
Banned
Website

yeah, i think i've fixed those problems now...
It was because the code in the flash was identifying the user as being me, so it always worked for me and i never noticed the bug smile

PSP Flash Gaming creator

#4 11/06/06 9:49am

woodpecker106
Hardcore Member
Website

I have a slight problem with the header/menu. On IE7+ Beta 2 in Windows Vista Beta 2 i have to click anywhere on the flash before the menu actually starts working. Forum seems to be working well though

#5 11/06/06 9:13pm

tallphil
Banned
Website

yup, i noticed that too  - it's just internet explorer being gay, does it on some normal internet explorers too (like in uni)

It's a cleintside problem, does it will all flash applets - aside from replacing the menu with a static image based nav (which i'm not going to do) nothing I can do. Except suggest that you try and find the option to turn off to stop ie doing it (and post it here because you are nice smile)

PSP Flash Gaming creator

Board footer