Announcement

User registrations are currently disabled due to high spam traffic.

#1 22/10/06 8:35pm

soulofdarkness

Nooooo!!!!!!!!

Sad news - i'm quitting Flash...
The problem is in my PC. Althow i have a 2,1Gz processor and 256 RAM, witch is enough for my version of the programm - Flash 8 professional, still something is wrong

Half year ago, my PC f*cked up. We thought it was because of the virus, and althou PC's memory was erased, i bought Flash and continiued working.

Right now, my PC works slower and slower every day. It can shut down without warning, while i'm watching videos or playing games - even when nothing is turned on...

This evening, my mom phoned her friend - infotechnologist (i think it's called like this), he came here, took ayaw the computer, and returned in 2 hours. He told me that the reason is in Flash, and i have to erase it if i want to save my PC.

He checked, and told us, that we have only 192 mb RAM, and Flash's minimum requires 256.

I asked him whats the problem? Additional virtual memory is not very pricy, and it's easy to install into the computer.

He told me that it's not that easy - our graphick card, sound crad, coolers, RAM chips e.t.c. are intergrated to the motherchip (plate? i dunno how it's in english), so if i want to change something, i have to change everything...

So, SoulOfDarkness as a flasher is gone, not forever, but for a long time - untill i'll buy a new PC...

I bite!
surprise

#2 22/10/06 8:56pm

Jeffy
Addicted Moderator

Re: Nooooo!!!!!!!!

Integrated on the motherboard? Do you mean you can't change/add any components on your motherboard? I didn't even know that existed... well ask that guy if there are any reuseable components at all and go from there. I can't help you out much from over here I'm afraid. You could get a decent all new PC for just 300euros. If you build it yourself.

Last edited by Jeffy (22/10/06 8:58pm)

#3 22/10/06 10:10pm

soulofdarkness

Yes, I cant change any componets - only motherboard + graphic card + video card + RAM cards sad. Well, i'll start working in November, i may gather enough money till February

I bite!
surprise

#4 23/10/06 8:13am

woodpecker106
Hardcore Member
Website

Well if you can upgrade the RAM (which ever computer i have seen you can) then that is the only problem and it is really cheap over here big_smile or you could get a lower version of flash such as MX2004

#5 23/10/06 8:34am

tallphil
Banned
Website

Getting a lower version of flash is probably the easiest way around this i'd have thought - PSP's only go up to Flash 6, so Flash MX and above will be fine.

PSP Flash Gaming creator

#6 24/10/06 8:06pm

soulofdarkness

I'll try a lower Flash version at first, but if it will still not work? I dont want to waste money on useless programm, do you know where i can get Flash MX 2004 trial version to try it? It's Flash 8's version on oficial website.

------------------------------------------

BTW, what does "256 mb minimum, but you need at least 1 Gb to run 2 or more Office 8 applications"? Does that mean run at a time or have 2 programms on PC?

I bite!
surprise

#7 24/10/06 8:21pm

tallphil
Banned
Website

I've uploaded the Flash MX installer file here temporarily (good job i keep a copy of all of my installation files!

As for the office 8 text, i'd imagine that it means running 2 applications at once. But i'm not sure. Office 8 looks nice, but is pretty heavy on the old system. To be honest, you're probably best staying with the older versions until you have a system that will run it comfortably - you'll probably just get annoyed with it running slowly. Try the beta versions and see what happens.

PSP Flash Gaming creator

Board footer