Announcement

User registrations are currently disabled due to high spam traffic.

#1 11/05/07 9:16pm

Spflash

Locoroco

I just got the full version of Locoroco recently and this is a great game! I have not gotten too far yet, but what I have seen is excellent. I have read Soul of Darkness' review here, and since I cannot add comments there, I will make some here.

One thing I have not really seen elaborated on in any of the reviews I have read is the brilliant method in which Locoroco makes each level playable in 3 different ways.

1st, you can just try to get through to the end, which is usually not all that tough. This opens up the next level for play.

The 2nd goal is to try to get all 20 berries. This is not easy at all, and even highly experienced gamers will find it challenging even after the 1st couple of levels.

Once the 2nd goal is achieved you open up the option to play to beat a specific time for the level. This is very tough; the times to beat will demand you develop a strategy and execute it near perfectly to win. Note you do not need all 20 berries for this.

There are also secondary goals within the levels, such as collecting Pickories and Mui-Mui, both of which relate to other mini-game type features of the game.

One of the included features is apparently a level editor/creator that allows you to share your creations with other players, though I have yet to unlock it. This should add a potentially unlimited amount of replay value to a game that has a huge number of play hours out of the box.

Thus Locoroco can be a great game for a kid who can "finish it all the way through" without trying to do the 2nd and 3 goals for the levels, while still providing a strong challenge for experienced gamers with the more advanced modes.

Last edited by Spflash (11/05/07 9:18pm)

#2 27/05/07 11:56pm

master498
Mod.

Re: Locoroco

i can get it for $10 at cuircuit city should i get it

#3 28/05/07 5:31am

Spflash

The good thing about this game is that there are 5 different demos available for download, so you can decide whether or not you like it enough to spend $10 for the full version.

Last edited by Spflash (28/05/07 5:37am)

#4 02/06/07 8:07pm

master498
Mod.

llamaboy123 wrote:

i can get it for $10 at cuircuit city should i get it

I just bought it now!, by the way spflash it normally costs 30 or 40 dollars.

Last edited by llamaboy123 (02/06/07 8:09pm)

#5 02/06/07 9:57pm

Spflash

Yep, I paid $30.00 for it. $10.00 is a good deal.

Board footer