Announcement

User registrations are currently disabled due to high spam traffic.

#1 07/06/09 8:25am

nigec
Website

Testing Needed - Myst style game system for the PSP

The tutorial is my way of documenting what I'm doing lol I forget, my actual game is being done at the same time  wink
the tutorial is here:
http://www.nigecstudios.co.uk/index.php?pid=1

I just wanted it testing to see if it works ok, and if the controls are easy to use. my game so far is here:
http://www.nigecstudios.co.uk/games/dea … imals.html
that has the inventory, but you can't do much yet.. the SWF is the same name as the html wink

It's a Myst style game system for the PSP, my daughter hasn't landed with hers so I was hoping someone could check it worked before I get in to deep.

#2 07/06/09 10:14am

shinsukeito
The Explorer

Re: Testing Needed - Myst style game system for the PSP

Well, it might just be my bad skills but, all i can do is move the door and remove the grease. How do i go through the door?

#3 07/06/09 10:39am

nigec
Website

The main idea of the thread was to see if the game would run on a PSP smile and whether the tutorial made any sense, Phil actually posted this for me as I couldn't post on the forum at all yesterday, but he's sorted it now smile

At the moment the game and tutorial are a WIP, I make stuff work in the game then tidy it up for the tutorial, the drag and drop inventory is now working in the game, you can take the grease off the gate and drag it from inventory, the custom cursor has gone, that was lagging something terrible lol.. I'm not sure if the inventory button is a bit small
The fact the curor didn't work out means I need to lose it from the tutorials so any other things it would be great to know hence why I'm asking while this thing is still in the early stages wink

there is a working version of the game, I usually use a game engine and 3D and DA was my first attempt at a game in flash without and engine and my cr*ppy drawing skills lol

I'll dig out the link for the full game,, I've changed a lot for the PSP one

#4 07/06/09 10:41am

g0ofygoober
Hardcore Member
Website

Wow this looks great i was thinking of making a game based on myst during the summer i guess you beat me to it tongue cant wait to see how it turns out. Id definitely want to see the full game what engine and 3d software do you use?

Last edited by g0ofygoober (07/06/09 10:44am)

#5 07/06/09 11:05am

nigec
Website

I did a few Flash games with the LassieAS engine, also an online 3D game using Awakening 3D, also dabbled with panoramic engines.
I mainly use Truespace for 3D stuff.. if your interested I have a true Myst style game on the go, at the moment its the first room, I've used TS to export flash outlines and a friend is doing the art in vector, if Dead animals works out I'll scale this game down smile

heres a working Dead animals, I'm changing the puzzles and there is one more room to add for the psp one wink
http://www.nigecstudios.co.uk/games/room1.html

Also the myst game WIP, you can look at stuff, custom cursor, animated desk
http://www.nigecstudios.co.uk/games/hwm2/HWMK2.html

#6 08/06/09 9:48am

nigec
Website

I've got the tutorial up to creating a drag and drop inventory, using an item and globals to leave and re enter a room so the door stays open and the key remains used.
The custom cursor is about the only thing not suitable for a PSP and I need to rethink the animation on my game
I'm not really a coder, most of the tut revolves around bits and piece I've used over the years so if people can think of better ways please let me know!

Last edited by nigec (08/06/09 9:49am)

Board footer