Announcement

User registrations are currently disabled due to high spam traffic.

#1 21/04/09 3:32pm

HankJFox
Hardcore Member

Infinity Line RPG test

Hi everyone,

I found PSP flash game that me and my indie-team made in 48 hours two years ago. We never published it anywhere because at that time I did not know websites like PSP Flash Gaming exists.

You can test it out at: http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/524289/InfinityLine3.swf

Please have sounds on, since "soundtrack" takes 200 kb out of this 400 kb game! ^_^

Tutorial:

In this game, your goal is to collect 99 memories of mysterious main character. You get memory by defeating an enemy.

Enemies are defeated by drawing random draws. There are three different draws in the game.

Attack draws: S, A, B, C
Burn draws: Burn draws from enemys inventory
Enviromental: Attacks either enemy or player. Look around your surroundings.

When you win a fight, you are taken to the platform. There you can buy Energy drinks and more Draws and also read already gathered memories and select your next stop in this weird post-apocalyptic metro-line.

Please enjoy... and bear the bugs. There are many.

Calamity RPG status: Back on track. Wonder where it leads.

#2 22/04/09 3:28am

shinsukeito
The Explorer

Re: Infinity Line RPG test

Hello, HankJFox.

Pretty good game, try to fix your grammar, grammatical errors always look bad on games. Also, the battle system does not seem to work on psp.

Well that's all i got for ya. Couldn't really be bothered getting all 99 memories. I got to like 30.

#3 22/04/09 3:35am

HankJFox
Hardcore Member

Thank you. Yes, there is lot of errors because of this projects deadline was 48 hours and none of us in the team touched that afterwards smile

I'm working on new RPG for PSP's flash right now, so I probably leave Infinity Line as it is for the time being. Next RPG will have varying game mechanics and also some walkaround-action, but structure will be something similar.

Thank you for feedback and thanks for playing until 30 memories! big_smile

#4 22/04/09 3:49am

shinsukeito
The Explorer

HankJFox wrote:

Thank you. Yes, there is lot of errors because of this projects deadline was 48 hours and none of us in the team touched that afterwards smile

Oh, ok.

HankJFox wrote:

I'm working on new RPG for PSP's flash right now, so I probably leave Infinity Line as it is for the time being. Next RPG will have varying game mechanics and also some walkaround-action, but structure will be something similar.

Looking forward to it!

HankJFox wrote:

Thank you for feedback and thanks for playing until 30 memories! big_smile

No problem, thanks for making it! big_smile

#5 22/04/09 9:07am

HankJFox
Hardcore Member

I tried it again with my PSP and there is bug in the battle. I will try to fix it hmm

#6 23/04/09 12:46am

joker
Lord o' Pancakes
Website

its pretty cool... but im not really into these types of games.. hmm

[b]OBEY[/b]

MINECRAFT. Hit me up if you wanna play [:

#7 23/04/09 2:03am

HankJFox
Hardcore Member

Joker, do you like RPG's in general? - I could take your opinion into account when making another RPG. What sort of features you would like to see in PSP flash RPG's?

I prefer RPG as genre for PSP flash games, since the player sucks with physics and lot of onEnterframe functions. smile - but, there are still ways to incorporate action to RPG's.

#8 23/04/09 2:39am

jfig112
Hardcore Member

I couldn't catch onto the story at all, I didn't understand the battle mechanics, at random times cards would randomly pop up, the memory thing wasn't worth the while, the 10 second wait on the subway is pointless, the sprites pixelate on psp, the music is extremely annoying, the card variety was extremely limiting, all the stations looked the same, there was no saving, the buttons were too small to center on, spelling errors galore, wonky battle physics (heavy), small screen...

Nice presentation though.

[img]http://jfig111.hostrator.com/zamg.PNG[/img]

#9 23/04/09 2:43am

HankJFox
Hardcore Member

Thank you for being straight forward. I appreciate it. Infinity Line was hastily made and as the title of the thread suggests, it was merely a test for PSP flash developement. Unfortunately battle does not work well on PSP. For some reason, turns does not pause. It works fine on PC though...

I'm Glad you tested it, even though it was not worth your time.

#10 23/04/09 3:10am

jfig112
Hardcore Member

Your team has lots of potential. Honestly, the PSP is only fit for small scale games. I made one that was 50 minutes long, and it ran pretty well. But I had to cut one thing, graphics. The game had pretty bad graphics, It's called Moovlin 5. I made a sequel, with way better graphics, but it lagged. So now I'm just deving for PC.

If you want to check my newest creation, check out http://jfig111.hostrator.com/snow.swf

It's not completed entirely, you might have some glitches.

Try the snow level first...

[img]http://jfig111.hostrator.com/zamg.PNG[/img]

#11 23/04/09 3:14am

HankJFox
Hardcore Member

Shame, for some reason your hosrator links gives me page error, after trying to load it for 30 seconds.

#12 23/04/09 3:46pm

yotonah

well personally i think this is the most interesting thing i've seen as far as psp flash games go. keep at it!

#13 23/04/09 4:25pm

davros13
Serious Addict
Website

Its is a very cool test tongue

[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/5vd3cy.png[/img]

#14 23/04/09 4:34pm

HankJFox
Hardcore Member

Hey! Thank you very much! I'm glad you think it's interesting! ^_^

Infinity Line has it's drawbacks and I'm actually working at this minute for a better try. I try to combine atmosphere of Infinity Line with some exploration and better battle mechanics. I would like to create something that could keep people interested for longer than few minutes. It's hard to say if it can be done.

#15 23/04/09 10:11pm

joker
Lord o' Pancakes
Website

well.. I kinda like some RPGs Fallout 3 is the greatest though.. I am not into the card battling stuff, that was the main dissapointment i encountered. I understand there is very limited filesize on psp but I'd like to see an actual moving character that you play as.. maybe a very simple over the shoulder view?

[b]OBEY[/b]

MINECRAFT. Hit me up if you wanna play [:

Board footer