Announcement

User registrations are currently disabled due to high spam traffic.

#1 16/08/06 4:24pm

Jake
Administrator

Jelly update

I am working on a high score table for jelly which should be ready in a few days. The game script has been tweaked a little bit so that the game will run a little bit better (in the psps case the graphics are better and on the pc the frame rate has been increased). I am open to any suggestions of any futher updates to the game.

moose

#2 17/08/06 1:06pm

Jake
Administrator

Re: Jelly update

The high score table has been completed and will definitely be in the jelly update. The code that adjusts the game to the frame rate that the game is playing is complete. During testing the frame rate has been around 45fps compared to the older version which ran at 12fps which results in a much smoother game. The psp will still play the game at around 12fps but the graphics are better (previously the quality was set to low when you played the game on the psp) and my tests have shown that this no longer makes a difference. I am still open to suggestions of further updates to the game.

moose

#3 17/08/06 10:22pm

Jake
Administrator

I worked very hard and the jelly upate is up and running (just waiting for the bugs in the score table page to be sorted out and the update is complete). Let me know what you think.

moose

#4 18/08/06 10:44am

tallphil
Banned
Website

I managed to fix the highscore code and should all work now smile

PSP Flash Gaming creator

#5 19/08/06 9:35am

woodpecker106
Hardcore Member
Website

i think you are mistaken phil, just submitted 2 scores and neither have appeared, both from Firefox 2.0b1 if that helps

#6 19/08/06 10:07am

Jake
Administrator

we have changed the way it works so the script that submits the score is curently not working. I dont know when the update will be finished though. The flash file is also getting an update for the new code.

moose

#7 27/09/06 2:02pm

Jake
Administrator

People only seem to be getting low scores on jelly. I think this is because they have trouble getting the hang of jumping so I am considering adding some extra bits to make it easy such as a practice which can auto jump or show you when to jump.

moose

#8 27/09/06 2:10pm

tallphil
Banned
Website

Sounds cool smile Will it be an update or Jelly v2? Are we going to incorperate the different levels / playmodes that we talked about?
And, is the high score submission code working or not now? I am confused dunce

PSP Flash Gaming creator

#9 27/09/06 5:26pm

soulofdarkness

I thinl that this should be a full new game because:
- It would be unfair to those people who allready have their high score.
- We'll have more games on pspflashgaming.

Try adding different Backgrounds, selectable block (or even unlockable, maybe customizable!), spheres that would give you 2, 5, maybe even 10 points, extra lives. It's not very hard (i ven have the code's prototype in my mind right now), but that would be a lot of fun

I bite!
surprise

#10 03/03/07 5:49pm

josephpsp

hey whats up

#11 03/03/07 6:59pm

tallphil
Banned
Website

in relation to jelly 2? It's nearing completion - played a very early beta (more of a gamma really) and it's looking good, completely re-written physics and a similar yet improved game style. We'll keep you posted on its progress.

if not in relation to jelly 2, well - i believe the sky is up, and, er, *mumble*

PSP Flash Gaming creator

#12 03/03/07 7:58pm

woodpecker106
Hardcore Member
Website

Sounds interesting

Board footer