Announcement

User registrations are currently disabled due to high spam traffic.

#1 26/02/07 2:33pm

Jake
Administrator

Weekly news letter

I am thinking of starting a weekly news letter for people to subscribe to. It would have information about games made for this site, progress in the development of games along with invitations to beta test certain games (only flash games for this site). We would try and add some reviews as well.

Also included would be lists of games coming out that week, hardware that will be coming out and also good deals on hardware and games. There would be adverts in the news letter but they would be links to purchase the new games off amazon.co.uk or amazon.com

If all things go well then there is the possibility of running competitions via the news letter as well where prizes could potentially be games and hardware (if things go very well who knows maybe even consoles). But in order to run competitions we would have to have the amazon links as we would have to make money to pay for the prizes.

If there is interest the newsletter would be sent out on a Monday each week and that would be all there would be no other emails from us.

This may or may not happen but if you think its a good idea or you think we could add more to a news letter then let us know here.

moose

#2 26/02/07 5:30pm

tallphil
Banned
Website

Re: Weekly news letter

Isn't weekly a bit ambitious? Don't know if we'll make enough money off amazon ads to run competitions either... Hmm, otherwise good though? smile

PSP Flash Gaming creator

#3 27/02/07 5:10pm

soulofdarkness

We could make a monthly PSP magazine with all the info you were writing about,
and promote it through e-mail smile
I like the idea!

I bite!
surprise

#4 27/02/07 7:50pm

der-zef-meister
Addict

Yeah! just like a Playstation mag! You could even include demos and game tips and stuff with the email! Although a monthly mag souds a lot more feasable. But i look forward to it

The shadow of the wicker man is rising up again...

#5 27/02/07 8:40pm

soulofdarkness

By the PSP magazine, i mant a series of pictures, whitch you simply put in PSP/PHOTO, and use the triggerst to turn pages. I saw some like that, and they are very handy!

I bite!
surprise

#6 27/02/07 8:47pm

soulofdarkness

Ow, and Phil, were did you get the font which is used in the header? Or you just drew the pictures?

I bite!
surprise

#7 27/02/07 9:11pm

der-zef-meister
Addict

wouldn't an email be easier to read? and couldn't you still enclose links to games you have found in the email you send the photo in? if you have a gmail account, it should work all off the psp

#8 27/02/07 9:31pm

soulofdarkness

E-mails will be plain text - in a magazine .we can give different designs to pages, post screenshots in the middle of a review,  post score, different tables, thumblains, etc. etc. etc.
Man, just think about that!

I bite!
surprise

#9 27/02/07 10:51pm

der-zef-meister
Addict

yeah i suppose, but i'm confused. How do we get the mag? via email or from this site?

#10 27/02/07 11:37pm

tallphil
Banned
Website

cool idea about making a magazine with images - would probably be best to design it in flash even, definitely a smaller filesize that way without loosing the ability to make the layout nice... If we did do it like that, we'd send out a plaintext email version with the flash file attached and a link to see it on the site.

Actually, as I type this, thinking that maybe sending a newsletter to 4000 people with large images / flash files attached probably isn't feasible. Not without web hardware that we can't afford anyway. Might have to be a case of a small plaintext email with a link to a web location with the newsletter...

hmm. Would you guys be happy to contribute to it with reviews etc? Would have to fit to a vague deadline but could be cool and would make it easier to run...

PSP Flash Gaming creator

#11 28/02/07 3:59pm

soulofdarkness

I've played and cleared this games recently, and i think of writing reeviews for every single one:

-Burnout Legends
-Coded Arms
-Megaman Maverik Hunter X
-Pilot Academy
-Sonic Rivals
-Spongebob The Yellow Avenger
-Daxter
-Ghost Riger
-Worms Open Warfare
-Platypus

I think that the best layout will be like this

- News

--General PSP Section--
- Upcoming PSP games
- The best ... game (racing, fighters, platformers e.t.c)
- PSP Game Reviews

--PSP Flash Gaming Section--
- Recently released Games
- New projects

--Extra--
- cheat codes
- wallpapers

As an extra we could add swf's and savegame files.
What do you think?

I bite!
surprise

#12 28/02/07 4:04pm

Jake
Administrator

Sounds like a good idea. A monthly news letter is probably better than a weekly one. I have loads of games that i can write reviews for. Game saves and cheat codes is also a good idea and would potentially bring more users to the site.

moose

#13 28/02/07 4:11pm

tallphil
Banned
Website

well, come on then guys - less talk more doing! big_smile
start sending your sh*t to webmaster@pspflashgaming.com and i'll start putting the fella together...

oh, and the main thing that every newsletter/mag needs that you missed is a monthly cartoon! And possibly a caption competition...

PSP Flash Gaming creator

#14 28/02/07 4:16pm

soulofdarkness

I don't think i get the idea of a monthly cartoon...
Ow, and another thing. Now when i can take screenshots, can you make a little emblem with around 50 percent alpha to mark 'em, so other people wouldn't be able to download them and mark as their own? Like gamespot's or ING's?

I bite!
surprise

#15 28/02/07 5:26pm

Jake
Administrator

We can do things like that easily using photoshop software. If you want to do them yourself then The Gimp is a good piece of software for image editing and its free.

moose

#16 28/02/07 6:03pm

soulofdarkness

To make the magazine or to add an emblem?
I can add, but i think we need one for all of us!

I bite!
surprise

#17 28/02/07 6:26pm

tallphil
Banned
Website

In my opinion i think the gimp is a bit pants too - you get what you pay for i guess! And I think Jake meant to add the watermark. After a little discussion, think we'll probably make the mag in html...

Don't worry about the watermarks for now - we can do those ourselves (for the first one at least until we standardise it) though to be honest i don't think they're that crucial. Can always write a php script to add the watermark automatically too.

PSP Flash Gaming creator

#18 28/02/07 6:30pm

soulofdarkness

But a php script is a script, so if someone downloads the picture, it will be gone.

I bite!
surprise

#19 28/02/07 10:08pm

tallphil
Banned
Website

umm, no... php can handle and edit images, so when you uploaded an image as part of a html form which is handled with a php script, it would add the watermark to the image and then save the edited image. It would be this that people would download.

Not quite sure what you mean by "if someone downloads the picture, it will be gone" - downloads only ever copy files, you can never remove a file by downloading it...

PSP Flash Gaming creator

#20 28/02/07 10:13pm

soulofdarkness

I ment "when you copy the picture, the watermark will be gone".
I didn't know php is able to edit pictures smile

I bite!
surprise

#21 03/03/07 6:15pm

soulofdarkness

TallPhil, I've sent some stuff on your e-mail, more coming soon

I bite!
surprise

#22 03/03/07 7:00pm

tallphil
Banned
Website

quality stuff - cheers! Hmm, i should probably start making this soon. (your english seems to be getting better lately too, i only had to make a couple of corrections in that stuff you sent me smile)

PSP Flash Gaming creator

Board footer