Announcement

User registrations are currently disabled due to high spam traffic.

#1 22/09/06 6:31am

soulofdarkness

PSP Pool

I'm not going to make the game, just giving you an idea, just imagine -
A pool game in flash with simple mechanics, 2-player mode - Great to play alongside your friends!

Post your ideas here

I bite!
surprise

#2 22/09/06 12:26pm

woodpecker106
Hardcore Member
Website

Re: PSP Pool

Sounds like an excellent idea, get to work Jake applause

#3 03/10/06 1:29pm

Jake
Administrator

I did try a pool game a while back and started with the physics. As there was a lot of balls on the screen the physics for even a simple pool game were slow on a psp. I may come up with a better idea on how to code it another time though.

moose

#4 05/02/07 3:41am

jony

hehe...you said balls....anyways...nice idea!

[b] Current projects[/b]
Short-mage: 10%: making hero animations
Currently making epilogue

#5 05/02/07 7:46pm

der-zef-meister
Addict

YEAH. speaking of 2 player, has anyone attempted a wifi multiplay with the psp? over the internet? i know it would kill cpu but some simple games would be possible

The shadow of the wicker man is rising up again...

#6 05/02/07 7:57pm

Jake
Administrator

We are working on one, It works fine but the conventional way of making multi player flash is disabled on the psp so I had to come up with a cunning method.

moose

#7 06/02/07 5:03pm

der-zef-meister
Addict

Jake, I love you man. could you post a demo or somthing?

#8 07/02/07 6:02am

OpenSourcePong

Or atleast explain how you did it, so other psp flash developers can create WiFi Multiplayer games.

#9 07/02/07 11:41am

tallphil
Banned
Website

The problem with multiplayer games over the web for the PSP is that everything has to be mediated through a game server. In other words, to make your own, you would have to have your own domain and hosting package, be able to write the game in flash and write some pretty tricky web based code. The response time will also be pretty slow, so any game that Jake and me come up with will probably be turn based.

So in short, unless you guys own your own web package with php and sql, or you get me to write an assload of server code for your game (not going to happen just now, i have a massive website project on at the moment) then things are looking bleak for your own online multiplayer game.

Feel free to prove me wrong smile

PSP Flash Gaming creator

#10 07/02/07 11:56am

Jake
Administrator

I did make a live version of pong however there was significant lag and that was running on my own home test server so like Phil said any game we will make at the moment will be turn based.

The only way to make a multi player game will be over the internet and will require server side scripting for a turn based game it is simple a live game may work but only at 2fps and things could easily get messed up (loading saving and sending variables).

moose

#11 08/02/07 6:39pm

der-zef-meister
Addict

No matter, maybe a simple worms-type game without destructable terrain or lots of weapons. As i said, please post a demo or somthing-even if it does lag.

#12 08/02/07 8:46pm

Jake
Administrator

At the moment there is little to show. All that has been tested at the moment are simple engines showing that it is possible. I am not going to post any demos untill a beta of the game I am working on is available, my reasons for this are that anything done at the moment is not exactly impressive, and also they require php script to be uploaded along with many other things so what I am basically saying is it is a lot of effort and work to upload a demo resulting in a delay of other games I am working on.

The game that is being worked on involving the online play is codenamed "Tanks" and when I find time between my uni work I will develop it some more. Being honest it could be quite some time before this comes out as there will be a huge amount of serverside scripting to be done allong with actually making the game itself good. If I get time it could be out soon though.

moose

#13 11/02/07 1:35pm

der-zef-meister
Addict

oh well, good luck with that. be sure to tell us immediately when you have somthing impressive, i'm looking forward to it.

#14 05/03/07 6:16pm

dom04418
Website

well if u have an alpha of it that would be great its been a month so if u have had any time

duelelites yikes duel

Board footer