Announcement

User registrations are currently disabled due to high spam traffic.

#1 29/12/06 10:02pm

fotfom
Website

Button codes... oh and hi.

Hi all.
I'm looking into converting some retro style games I wrote years ago (in q-basic I think) onto flash for the psp, and this looks like the crowd to talk to when it comes to help, feedback, positive criticism and soul destroying honesty.

Anyhoo... I found the page with info on the d-pad and the x button and relative code etc and was wondering if the other buttons have a use in psp flash, (I can't test these at the moment as I can't enable flash yet) and if so what they correspond to on a PC

As soon as I get wireless installed I'll be enabling flash and starting on my first game and look forward to sharing my results.

Thanks

Te audire no possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure.

#2 30/12/06 5:34pm

Jeffy
Addicted Moderator

Re: Button codes... oh and hi.

It's just the D-pad and X button (arrows and left click on a pc)
I can't really help you more then that because I'm a flash newb. I should really get started on it yikes

fotfom wrote:

soul destroying honesty

And I can take care of that.

Welcome x]

#3 31/12/06 1:43pm

tallphil
Banned
Website

I think it's pretty difficult / impossible to get any of the other buttons working in flash as the flash player is essentially running through the PSP browser, which handles the button behaviours... As a result I think Jeffy is right - pretty much just the D-pad and X (and the analogue stick for mouse movement)

See this link for a spec of what the psp flash player does and doesn't support.

If anyone knows of a way to get functionality out of the other buttons, shout! I'm sure that info would be very well received by all our flash game developers smile

PSP Flash Gaming creator

#4 01/01/07 2:34am

fotfom
Website

Thanks for the help.

I've just a had a good play around with the browser for the first time and discovered that it may be a lost cause. I didn't realise that the other buttons were used as part of navigation. If I do discover anything though I'll be sure to let you know.

p.s. I've decided not to wait for my wireless stuff to arrive and made a start on a game. Essentially you're a tank and you drive around shooting at and avoiding the other tank. I'm all but done on the basics the ai is a little simple though, once I've got something a bit more advanced I'll post it up for all to see.

Thanks again

#5 02/01/07 12:54am

tallphil
Banned
Website

Sounds cool! Why do you have a banana in your ear? hungry

PSP Flash Gaming creator

#6 02/01/07 4:44am

fotfom
Website

They were all out of watermelons.

Here's a link to what I've done so far, New years got in the way a bit but I've made some fairly quick progress (for me anyway).

http://www.fotfom.com/tanx.html

There's no bells or whistles yet, but I'm kind of digging the low quality images I'm using for this thing, makes it more like the old Atari 2600 stuff. If anyone has a look and sees me going down a road they know wont work that would be great to know.

Thanks

#7 03/01/07 12:03am

Jake
Administrator

from what I can see it works fine on the psp. Hopefully you should not run in to many major problems but if you do we can do the best we can to help.

moose

#8 07/01/07 5:39pm

soulofdarkness

I'm back!
now to the topic:

Theoreticaly, you can export information to a text file, open a new flash with square + right arrow, and then load the text. it's usefull for maps, inventories e.t.c

I bite!
surprise

#9 07/01/07 8:07pm

Jeffy
Addicted Moderator

soulofdarkness wrote:

I'm back!
now to the topic:

Theoreticaly, you can export information to a text file, open a new flash with square + right arrow, and then load the text. it's usefull for maps, inventories e.t.c

I assume you mean "square + R button"

Anyway, sounds really cool. Try it big_smile

Welcome back by the way. And change your moderator note .. it says something about 1307 users tongue

#10 08/01/07 2:49pm

soulofdarkness

I was shure i changed it yesterday... oh well
and yes, thats R button smile

I bite!
surprise

#11 24/03/07 1:11am

abosher

love your tanx game hope you keep going and finish it

Board footer