Announcement

User registrations are currently disabled due to high spam traffic.

#1 12/06/07 4:28pm

FJGamer

PSP Flash GTA Clone

I'm working on a Grand Theft Auto clone. I would like to know if anyone has got the button codes for square, circle, and triangle, because I could probably get into PSP programming later. My only set-back is not having a PSP of my own.

So far, in Flash, I have a 8-direction walking character, controlled by the arrow keys. A car can be used by pressing x when next to it. While in the car, the up key accelerates, the down key brakes, the other two directions turn.

The upcoming features include customizable feet, hands, torso, and head, and maybe a customizable car. Also, if I can get around to it, you'll work your way to the better vehicles and start as a bike rider.

#2 12/06/07 7:47pm

rollinroll

Re: PSP Flash GTA Clone

Sounds very interesting! I really look forward to this.

#3 12/06/07 9:15pm

Hotboy
Hardcore Member
Website

Do you have any screenies of the game?

[color=red]joystick PSP Status... numchucks GANGSTA gangster shotgun rambo duelelites pistols duel[/color]

#4 12/06/07 9:48pm

JaXeRiR
Elite Moderator
Website

FJGamer wrote:

I would like to know if anyone has got the button codes for square, circle, and triangle,...

There are no button codes for those buttons in Flash for PSP, because square is for scrolling the page, circle leads back to main menu and triangle is for settings/page change.

Also, remember that the limit the Flash file must be is somewhre below 1MB, but also loud noises or hard scripts can make the Flash player to say "Out of memory" errors -- there are such cases as a 7KB file doing that.

Do you happen to have a demo of this? And if the limit (about 1MB) is too low, I'll be waiting this for the PC's Flash Player, it sounds very cool!

Like rollinroll said, looking forward to this!

Last edited by JaXeRiR (12/06/07 9:50pm)

[url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/JaX3RiR][img]http://card.mygamercard.net/nxe/JaX3RiR.png[/img][/url]

#5 12/06/07 9:53pm

Jeffy
Addicted Moderator

JaXeRiR wrote:

FJGamer wrote:

I would like to know if anyone has got the button codes for square, circle, and triangle,...

There are no button codes for those buttons in Flash for PSP, because square is for scrolling the page, circle leads back to main menu and triangle is for settings/page change.

Also, remember that the limit the Flash file must be is somewhre below 1MB, but also loud noises or hard scripts can make the Flash player to say "Out of memory" errors -- there are such cases as a 7KB file doing that.

Do you happen to have a demo of this? And if the limit (about 1MB) is too low, I'll be waiting this for the PC's Flash Player, it sounds very cool!

Like rollinroll said, looking forward to this!

Remember you can make key combinations though, or perhaps double tapping keys... That should give more functionality.

Although I don't think something like even the first GTA is possible to do in flash, I wish you the best of luck, I hope you can pull it off smile

Last edited by Jeffy (12/06/07 9:54pm)

#6 29/09/07 6:58pm

mrgnome

One other thing on the psp be careful with the memory of the swf. The psp does not have that much memory.

Board footer