Announcement

User registrations are currently disabled due to high spam traffic.

#1 27/03/07 7:23pm

sotoeovoeon

Can someone plz give me some pointers?

I was wondering if you guys can give me some names of programs I can edit flash .swf files with (free would be nice but im willing to buy if its a good program)? What im trying to do is change the buttons on a bunch of 1 botton flash games I have found so they will work with the direction arrows and the mouse button so i can make them "psp compatable" .

#2 27/03/07 10:03pm

tallphil
Banned
Website

Re: Can someone plz give me some pointers?

i'm afraid it's not quite that simple - flash is written and saved as .fla files before it's finished, which are editable. However, when the project is done, it's exported as a .swf file which is what your computer plays. However, .swf files are not editable in the same way that the .fla files are.

In some cases, it may be possible to 'decompile' the .swf back to an editable point, but it's pretty problematic, as well as being illegal if it's copyrighted material. There's a previous post on this topic here.

To be honest, 9 times out of 10 it's easier to either get the original author to make the changes for you, or to write your own version from scratch...

PSP Flash Gaming creator

#3 28/03/07 5:39am

rollinroll

I have a decompiler named Sothink SWF Decompiler. It`s not free, but it`s worth buying it. I have never had problems with it. And when you decompile you can choose wich flash version to decompile in. Just google for it and you will find it.

#4 03/04/07 2:13am

sotoeovoeon

thnx us guys for you help guys thats exactly what i wanted to know.

Board footer