Announcement

User registrations are currently disabled due to high spam traffic.

#1 14/02/07 2:46am

misterjay

programs

I wanted to know if there is a free program to compile flash and/or also decompile it.
becuase there is this game that I like but it runs really slow on the psp and you need a few keyboard keys.  There is also no source code for it which is why I need a decompiler. I don't know much about flash but hopefully I will at least be able to change a few of the buttons.

#2 14/02/07 8:32am

tallphil
Banned
Website

Re: programs

Part of the appeal of flash to designers is that it's pretty damn hard to decompile! Most stuff that you find on the web is also protected against decompiling, so it's not usually a viable option - one of the reasons that the game adaptations on this site are written from scratch.
If you have any luck getting a decompiler to work, let us know!

PSP Flash Gaming creator

#3 14/02/07 2:46pm

misterjay

thanks for the info but do you know where I can get a free compiler?

#4 14/02/07 3:56pm

Jake
Administrator

You will not be able to get a free decompiler that converts the swf in to an fla. I suggest that you look at some tutorials and remake the game as if the game is running very slowly at the moment the chances of modifying the code to make it faster are slim you would be better of completely re making the game.

If you do want a trial for a decompiler try this however as a trial it is extremely limited.

By the way what is the game that you would like to edit we may be able to see if there is chance of it working.

moose

#5 14/02/07 8:14pm

misterjay

#6 15/02/07 1:00pm

Jake
Administrator

That is a simple game and I suggest a remake. Not only would you then be credited for the game but also you can make it to run on the psp.

If you are looking for a place to start I would make the targets as buttons maybe with the head as a separate button.

Some good tutorial sites are kirupa.com and flashkit.com. Also the help section in flash can be very useful.

moose

#7 16/02/07 1:57am

misterjay

thanks for the info jake and i will look at those tutorials.

Board footer